Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dukem

I have never felt the desire to get a pit bull. Its not the I have anything against them, because I don't. And I've met some very sweet ones at various dog parks. I've just never looked at one and thought, gee that's the kind of dog I want.

Most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen on a dog.

Until yesterday. This is one of the sweetest, most beautiful dogs I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He was, by far, the most well behaved dog at the adoption event. And the sad thing is, he will probably remain in foster care because he is "too expensive to adopt."

He was all about sitting all up in Ken's lap

There were several inquiries about adopting him, but each time they heard that they would be required to pay for the training class at Petsmart on top of the adoption fees, there was a change of heart. Not to mention issues with homeowner's insurance and all the other crap that comes with adopting a bully breed


Knowing that after another month or two, we would easily be able to afford this dog is heartbreaking. I know I say that I want to take them all home, but this one's options are far more limited than the others through no fault of his own. For us the problem isn't money. Its the fact that Kodiak is a dumbass and would probably start a fight that would get him maimed or killed. So no pit bull for us.


So if you, or anyone you know, is willing and able to give this handsome guy a home please, please, PLEASE contact the Humane Society of West Texas.

1 comment:

  1. Such great pics!!! He kind of looks like and American bulldog/pit mix. Such great spot placement on his coat.

    ReplyDelete